Updated: Mar 11
If you are currently preparing for the LSAT exam, LSAC has made serval announcements that may be of interest to you! The following is a summary of the announcements.
What will change in regards to the LSAT?
1. Continuing LSAT At-Home: LSAC will continue to provide the LSAT exam at-home through June 2022. However, it will switch from LSAT flex to LSAT in August 2021. More information on this topic within the following points.
2. 3 vs 4 sections: Until August 2021 the LSAT will have three sections. However, after August 2021 LSAC will return to its pre-COVID test: three scored sections and one unscored variable section. LSAC plans to keep this format in place for a minimum of 2-3 years so stduents can rely on this format when studying and preparing for the exam.
3. Breaks: Currently there are no breaks in the 3 section exam. However, once the exam switches to 4 sections, LSAC plans to allow test takers to take a short break in between the second and third section of the new exam.
4. Length of the test: Currently since there is only 3 sections with no breaks, the exam is only 2 hours; however, once the additional section and break are added, the exam will be approximately 3 hours.
What will stay the same in regards to the LSAT?
1. Content: For all future exams, the content will stay exactly the same. LSAC will continue to test the Logic Games, Logical Reasoning, and Reading Comprehension.
2. Scoring: For all future exams, the scoring will stay the same and will be reported on a scale from 120-180. Additionally, the percentile rankings will stay consistent with the current percentiles.
3. Timing: Each section will continue to be 35 minutes unless you have applied and receive accommodations for additional time.
What are the upcoming exam dates?
February 2021 — LSAT-Flex — February 20, February 21 March 2021 — Spanish LSAT-Flex — March 13 April 2021 — LSAT-Flex — April 10, April 11 June 2021 — LSAT-Flex — TBD, Week starting June 12 August 2021 — LSAT — TBD, Week starting August 14 October 2021 — LSAT — TBD, Week starting October 9 November 2021 — LSAT — TBD, Week starting November 13 January 2022 — LSAT — TBD, Week starting January 15 February 2022 — LSAT — TBD, Week starting February 12 March 2022 — LSAT — TBD, Week starting March 12 April 2022 — LSAT — TBD, Week starting April 30 June 2022 — LSAT — TBD, Week starting June 11
For more information on test dates visit LSAC's website.
If you are in search of any guidance in reference to the LSAT exam, don't hesitate to reach out to Prep For Success. Our team is happy to help guide you through the new exam format!
Gladly reach out to our phenomenal LSAT tutor at PrepForSuccessTutors@gmail.com or (732) 485.1539.